Below are some additional tactics that soldiers can use to aid in
eluding a following party:
• Stay in the stream for 100 to 200 meters.
• Keep in the center of the stream and in deep water.
• Watch (near the banks) for rocks or roots that are not covered with
moss or vegetation, and leave the stream at this point.
• Walk out backward on soft ground.
• Walk up small, vegetation-covered tributaries and replace the
vegetation, in its natural position.
• Walk downstream until coming to the main river, and then depart on a
log or pre-positioned boat.
• Enter the stream, having first carried out the above tactic, then exit at
the point of entry and make a large backward loop, crossing and
checking it, and move off in a different direction